I made this last Sunday for our parent meeting for the youth department at our church.
Crockpot Bean and Bacon Soup
I used a 4 quart crockpot.
- 1 pound navy beans, sorted & rinsed
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
- 3 whole carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. chicken boullion powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Soak navy beans overnight. Drain and rinse, then place in crockpot. Add all veggies, chicken boullion powder, red pepper flakes, and pour water over everything to cover by about 1 1/2-2 inches. Sprinkle cooked bacon over the top, cover with lid and cook on high for 6-8 hours.