Â I found this over at Gail’s blog, and it looked fun, so I thought I’d share it with all of my readers 🙂
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift….for some gifts that are hard to wrap, I use gift bags….most othersÂ wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? We bought our first artificial tree last year.Â Â I have always loved real trees, but it got more and more stressful each year to have to keep cleaning up after a real tree and to spend the money on a real tree each year only to have to throw it out every year.Â
3. When do you put up the tree? Honestly?Â Â When we get to it.Â Our plan was to start doing it the weekend of Thanksgiving now that we have an artificial tree, but this year we got super duper busy on Thanksgiving weekend, so it went up the first of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get tired of it…..sometime between 12/26 and 1/1 or 1/2.Â
5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmmmhmmmmm….YUMMOOOOOO :)Â Â
6. Favorite gift received as a child?Â Â Probably the cassette tape recorder that I got in 1977 for Christmas.Â Â I used it to listen to cassettes as well as to record my favorite movies and listen to them over and over and over through the next 10-12 years 🙂
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we actually have several.Â Â We bought a ceramic nativity set with a beautiful wooden stable our second year that we were married….we got it on clearance and it has always been special because it was the first thing that we bought for ourselves to decorate for Christmas.Â Â When the kiddos came along, they always wanted to play with the nativity set, but we didn’t want them breaking our nice set, so we found a little resin set on 60% off in an after Christmas sale one year.Â It is the one that we would put on a tabletop for the kiddos when they were younger…now it is in the kids’ bathroom each Christmas and they get to set it up however they wish.Â Â I also have a nice little glass nativity set that I use “wherever”.Â Â I also just ordered a very nice nativity set advent wreath, and that should be here in the next few days.Â Â
8. Hardest person to buy for?Â My inlaws…..parents in law, as well as sisters in law.Â
9. Easiest person to buy for? my honey and the kiddos
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?Â Â We’ve gotten some pretty bad ones through the years, but I think the WORST was a big wall hanging that had HUGE dried flowers on it, and big feathery things….it really was ugly, but to keep peace in the family, we had to keep it up until we moved into another house where there just wasn’t a place for it, and we lost it.Â
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? We don’t do Christmas cards….I know, sad but true.Â I do have a couple of very special friends that I send a card to, but not in bulk like most people do.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? My all-time favorite is “White Christmas”, but I also really like “Miracle on 34th Street (the 1950s? version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?Â we don’t focus a whole lot on the gift giving, but we generally do our shopping, such as it is, in early December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yep, quite a few, actually
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? We don’t really have a traditional Christmas dinner, but probably my favorite is the fudge that D and R and I make together, as well as our Christmas morning breakfast ice cream parfaits, and our family Christmas pastry.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We actually use both….depends on my mood :)Â This year we have clear on the tree and in the garlands and things inside of the house, and then we have colored on most everything outside except for our big huge shrub that the kids wanted clear on 🙂
17. Favorite Christmas song?Â Breath of Heaven (I really prefer Amy Grant, but any artist will do), What a Strange Way to Save the World (prefer male artists on this one), and O Come EmmanuelÂ
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, we visit with inlaws, but the farthest that we have to travel is 40 minutes.
19. Can you name all of Santaâ??s reindeer? Yep…..dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, and blitzen, and of course who can forget Rudolph 🙂
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? the angel that we bought our first Christmas together
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning after we read Luke 2 and have breakfast.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? grumpy, sad and annoyed store employees and people in general (the grumpy, sad, and annoyed ones :))
23. What I love most about Christmas? Celebrating Jesus and His gift to me!Â and having D home for a week with us 🙂 and getting to spend time together.
If you wish to play along, please leave me a comment with a link to your blog or with your answers 🙂