I’m done, I’m done, I’m done, I’m done, I’m done! Did I say I’m done? 🙂 Yay, I finished it, and before the eve of the shower! I am really proud of myself, I have not procrastinated AT ALL in regards to this shower! I have the gift completed, the gift that R is giving to the momma to be is purchased, all of the napkins, thank you cards, etc, etc, etc have been purchased. All I have left to purchase besides the food (which I can’t purchase until Saturday) is the prizes for the games, and the balloons. I think that I will go ahead and do all of that on Saturday. Thankfully the church has a helium tank, and I have been given the go-ahead to use it, so I won’t have to go to the party store on Sunday morning to get the balloons, I will purchase them on Saturday and then blow them up myself on Sunday with the helium at the church. YAY!!!!
This blanket turned out really cute, but it definitely is for a newborn. I think that the next one I make I will make quite a bit larger. The pattern stated to chain 108, I originaly did that and once I got 3-4 rows into it I noticed that it was not nearly as long as it was supposed to be. So I took it all apart and started with 120 chains. This produced a 28″ square blanket with the hood. I’m thinking that for the size blanket I really want to do, I’m going to need to chain 168. I’m hoping that this doesn’t change the instructions on the hood (and I don’t think it will, but I will construct the next blanket, and should know within the first 5 rows of the hood whether or not it will work, and will adapt accordingly…..who knew I’d be a crochet pattern designer…or re-designer 🙂 ).