I’m making this today for lunch….it sounds SOOOO good!Â I’ll have some grilled chilis and vegetables with it…..oooooh, yummo!
Brown Rice Salad with Black Beans and Corn
from Weightwatchers.com Â
POINTSÂ® Value: 4
Servings: Â 4
Preparation Time: Â 15Â min
Cooking Time: Â 10Â min
Level of Difficulty: Â Easy
Thanks to instant brown rice, this Tex-Mex side dish comes together fast â?? great for Memorial Day BBQs. Cut back on the jalapeno for less heat.
- 1 cup instant brown riceÂ (I’m going to make a big pot of brown rice and then freeze it in 1 cup portions after making this recipe)
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup scallion(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp jalapeno pepper(s), pickled, minced, or less to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 medium lime(s), quartered
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is still warm, stir in beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and zest; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lime wedges. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.